Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Donna Pizzeria - Anchovy Pizza - Prague, Czech Republic

I forget what the name of this was on the menu, but I was surprised that it came with sliced hard-boiled egg. About the multitude of sliced mushrooms: The only mushrooms that taste good to me are "button" (as named by a waiter at 518 West in Raleigh), chanterelle, and truffles.
Wikipedia says, "Button mushrooms have a unique flavor that can be matched by few other mushrooms." I would have sworn the ones at 518 had been marinated, but the waiter said no. Anyway, these mushrooms were too strong for me, as usual, so I picked them off.
The real disappointment, though, was that the anchovies were mashed up and sprinkled under the cheese. I was hoping for whole, salty filets to slurp down, like my mom used to get. Super thin crust is normal here. Instead of cornmeal-coated perfection (found only at Pinocchio's Pizza in Cottage Grove, Oregon) it's the weight, texture, and flavor of cereal box. Did I mention that I was hungry and ate this gladly? Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home